Friday, September 30, 2011

Making progress.

  So, today I had my six week post-natal check up. I was happy to find out that after skipping breakfast and kicking off my shoes I weighed in at only one pound heavier than my post Eva body weight. One more pound to go...sort of. Where I really wanna be is my post Ryan body weight, which is about 21 pounds away...Yikes! I know I can do it if I just give myself a chance and don't make up lame excuses like "The kids are starving and McDonalds is quick. I don't want them to feel uncomfortable if I  don't eat, so I'll just slam down a double cheeseburger and medium fry. Really, it's all for the kids!" or, how about this one "It's Friday. I can't start an exercise program at the end of the week...looks like I'm waiting til Monday". Yes, unfortunately this has been me for the past six weeks. I told myself I was waiting for my six week appointment, so I could weigh in and get the go ahead to exercise. As if I needed to be told that exercise was safe in order to start eating healthier.
  Well, here we are. I have made it to week six of being a mother to three children and I am proud to say that they are all still alive...lol! I am also happy to announce that the most beautiful girl ever born is finally here...sorry, all you other parents can now only have the second most beautiful little girl. Just kidding;-)....Not really.
  Anyways, I was hoping to get some motivation and helpful hints about weight loss from sources other than my Self magazine (can we please put up a picture of a fat woman who needs to lose weight and not an already perfect celebrity, who, in my down moments, I would like to strap down and shove cupcakes in her face? Thanks.) and my son, Ryan, who informed me that it looks like I have another baby in my tummy and asked if Eva was gonna have to drink from a cup, so that the new baby could use my boobs:-/ (Jeez, kid, it's been six weeks! Cut me some slack...but thanks for making me want to start sticking a toothbrush down my throat.). Don't get me wrong those two things combined could have me looking like a stay at home mommy version of a model in no time (ya know slim, but soft without a six pack and without a fake chest and a slightly bigger than average booty. Plus, add in child bearing hips and dark circles under your eyes and you've got a mommy fit for a runway!) . I would settle for that version of a model. I would even be happy with it. Pretty without having to give up my role as mommy...or my food. Sounds perfect!
  So, if anyone has any tips such as favorite healthy recipes, favorite exercises or even pics of your favorite "too sexy" celebrities that I can throw things at let me know. Thanks:-)

3 comments:

  1. You're looking great Rachel! I have a bunch of ideas but my biggest would be, you joining the YMCA. They have income based memberships and my kids love to go to their "play places" and it wears the little darlings out ;)

    If you want to see a "too sexy" celeb, go re-watch Kim Kardashian's (sp?) super bowl add on You tube. I hate her...but I would love that body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! If you wanna start shooving cup cakes in a pretty girls mouth I do you love them ;) but I also just told you I need to eat better and im not the model material you were looking for to take out your anger on. I agree with Sara...Kims butt is big but the rest of her is perfect making her the hated among all women! Do you think having her body and having babies is an attainable goal? Im all for you eating better but use the toothbrush for its intended purpose puking often is overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dudes, I would sooooo love to have Kim K.'s body, but ya know I have zero money for plastic surgery and not enough time to spend all day at the gym, so.... But, Sarah A. I will totally check out the YMCA, maybe if I join we can work out once a week together and let the kiddies hang out. And, Sarah D. let's become accountable to each other:-) Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete