Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Moving

Eva's clothes now hang where mine used to when I was growing up here at my parents house. I guess I'm back here, so that I can grow some more. It's weird. I never thought that my daughters clothes would be hanging in place of mine someday. I always imagined a big beautiful nursery with a huge walk-in closet. I never imagined four of us sharing one dresser and a tiny amount of space in the closet.
I always think I need more stuff until I have to move, then I'm ready to throw everything away! I still have to go back over to the other house and sort through all of their toys:-/ I guarantee at least half will be tossed out.
I hate moving! I always have. I would just like to find a place and be able to settle in for more than a year or two. I want my kids to have what I had growing up, which was stability. There hasn't been a whole lot of that in their short little lives, but I am hoping that one day soon I can give them that at the very least.
We won't have a lot. There won't be new furniture or a cool TV. My kids will probably never have their own rooms or the coolest toys, but there are a few things that I hope I can give my kids. I hope my kids know everyday how much I love them. I hope they feel secure. I hope they have peace. I hope that I can pass down self confidence. I hope that they will establish their own walk with God and live by faith.
I may not be able to give them very much materialistically, but if I can give them these things then they will be some of the richest people in the world.

4 comments:

  1. As I remember it, you never even had a TV when I first met you. As far as all the other materialistic things you wish you could give your children, all they do is corrode and rust and have to be cleaned and dusted. The things they will remember are the love you give them, the time you spend with them, and the silly things you do to make mundane days special! We always tried to do a small vacation each year, and the year we couldn't afford a vacation we did "Christmas in July"! (We wrapped a couple of small presents, set up the tree after they went to bed, and even baked Christmas cookies!) These are the things Mark & Adam remember about growing up, not the things we couldn't give them, but the special times we shared! I will keep you in my prayers and know that Jesus will see you through these times. You will come out Victorious because of His love for you! God Bless you. If I can do anything for you, please don't hesitate to ask! I love you. Aunt Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore my non sentimental comment as I gush about Eva's little gold sweater!! Awwww I love trendy baby clothes. So happy eva isn't all little house on the prairie...she one upped you on that part of growing up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Aunt Missy. Sounds like your boys had a great childhood:-) I know with help mine will too :-)
    Sarah, LOL! Eva is my diva. She has the nicest clothes of anybody I know. As, for me growing up...well...do you not remember mom letting me walk out of the house without an ounce of gel in my hair? Scary!...is putting it lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when we had to move into my parent's house. It was hard to say the least. You are a strong lady/mother whos kids will be thankful that you didn't take the easy route, but the RIGHT one.

    ReplyDelete