Saturday, November 12, 2011

Giving Thanks:-)

  Well, we all know that the month of November is all about giving thanks. If you go to church your pastor is bound to have at least one service where anybody can have the chance to stand up and say what they are thankful for. I love these services....especially if my name is mentioned;-) It usually isn't, so don't worry...lol. And, if you have a Facebook account then a couple of your friends have probably started the giving thanks count down to Thanksgiving by listing one thing everyday that they are thankful for. I don't do this. Not because I couldn't come up with things I'm thankful for, because believe me I could, but because I'd forget to do it some of the days and have to play catch up...lol!!
  Anyways, I thought I'd write this blog and let people know what I am thankful for right this moment. Things that have actually happened this week and made me smile.
  [1] Most people say that they are thankful for their health and relatively speaking we are a healthy family, but given the fact that this week I have cleaned up more puke and diarrhea than I ever thought possible I would like to instead give thanks for my awesome husband. Brad has been amazing this week. He has been right by my side cleaning pukey laundry, changing horrible diapers and bathing sick children. He even stayed home on Thursday when I got sick and let me lay in bed all day. He changed every diaper, other than Eva's...lol, he gave every bath (yes, our children take multiple a day, especially when sick) and he even made dinner that night. I was thinking all day what a special person he is and how lucky I am.
  [2] I am so thankful for my awesome family. I had the opportunity to talk with one sister on the phone for like 45 mins (a big deal, since we usually just text...lol) and go out with another one to a yummy little Indian restaurant. My sisters are my best friends and I'm glad to have them.
   Then, there is my mother. I could not ask for a better person to have raised me and help me raise my kids. She is patient, kind, caring, honest, loyal and the glue that holds our family together. I love her so much.
  My dad has always been super close to me. He's always there when I need him, no questions asked. I have no doubt he would take a bullet for me...or put a bullet in someone else for me...LOL! I'm glad he was and always will be one of the most important people in my life.
  This year has been tough. My hardest yet, but these people have stayed right by my side through it all and I would do the same for any of them.
  [3] I will never ever forget to say how thankful I am for my kids. They are my life. I am thankful that I am able to love them with all of my heart and put them before anything else. Even when things get frustrating I never question my love for them. They put a smile on my face and laughter on my lips every single day. They are all so beautiful and unique.
  [4] I am thankful for my church. The amazing leadership that I trust with my life. The wonderful people that are faithful and committed to serving and loving each other and letting the way that they live their lives be their testimony. I could never say thank you enough.
  I am so full of thanksgiving and I realize how good I have it and how truly blessed  I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Yes my first shout out on your blog! Haha. I would be remiss if I didn't tell anyone reading this how amazing you are. You have literally been the only thing saving me from a total break down many times this past year. Its not just that you want to take me out and spend money on me...which you do alot but, its the way you keep life normal and safe for me. The way you let me just live life by playing with my niece and nephews. All of these things that remind me to just breathe and everything will be ok. You are what every older sister should be: an example and a rock. So I give thanks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that was so sweet! We love having you around, so come chill anytime:-)

    ReplyDelete