Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rant

This is just a short blog, a rant if you will, to get something off of my chest before I explode and seriously offend someone or worse get into a physical altercation;-)
The next person who feels it their duty to give the advice of "Just follow your heart" might just be the next person I deck. Have you ever heard of worse advice in your life??? I haven't. I don't know if people really want you to follow your heart or if they just say that when they have absolutely no clue what they should say. If you are about to tell someone to follow their heart then just do the world a huge favor and keep your yapper shut.
When you tell someone to follow their heart you are essentially telling them to do what ever the heck they want, to act upon a feeling that more than likely will not last. Good job folks, sound advice...NOT!
Whatever happened to just doing the right thing or being a (wo)man of your word? Whatever happened to actually putting in some real effort, not throwing in the towel at the first sign of trouble? Things like honesty and integrity matter. Your feelings don't. Have we really become so spoiled, so blinded to actually believe that if we "just follow our hearts" everything will work out in the end? The bible says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" I don't really care if you believe in the bible or not, if you look at the world around you and see how people act and treat each other then you know this is true.
Here is my advice: Stop being so selfish! Do what's right whether it makes you FEEL happy or not. Do you think I always FEEL like doing the dishes, that it thrills me to my toes? Come on, people! Grow up already!
The next person who tells me or anyone around me to "follow your heart" might just lose theirs...after all I'd just be following their advice ;-)
Rant over.

1 comment: