Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Eva the Diva: My heart and soul



  I always wanted a daughter. Just one. One perfect little girl that I could have fun playing dress up with and go on mommy/daughter dates to get pedicures and eat coffee ice cream. My first two babies were boys and I loved them to pieces. They were perfect. Happy, healthy, chubby babies. But, when I found out I was pregnant for a third time all of that "I just want a healthy baby" nonsense goodness went out the window. I wanted a girl, darnit! And, I got her.
  I don't even know how to put into words what Eva Grace means to me. Saying I feel lucky or blessed just doesn't seem to accurately describe the overwhelming love I have for her. She is everything I ever dreamt of. She is funny, smart, beautiful, outgoing, stubborn...simply lovely. She also talks with a little lisp that is to die for. I find myself making her say words with the letter "s" in them, just so I can hear it and feel my heart smile. How can I not take out my phone and snap a picture when she poses herself on top of her diapers (see above) and says "Cheesthe!"
  Today we went to the store. I had so much to get, I had been putting it off for a while and so I did what any insane mother would do..I let my 19 1/2 month old daughter walk around. She actually did really well and she loved it! She had so much fun pointing out everything that she thought was "Cute!" (her new favorite word) . I had so much fun watching her that I didn't realize what a hellion Mason was being until I looked up and saw another mother staring in disbelief and possibly disgust with her two kids sitting perfectly in the cart staring at my kids (wishing their mom was cool enough to let them run in circles around the aisle, I'm sure). I smiled sheepishly and scooped up Eva while yelling at Mason to hold onto the shopping cart and stop running around. I made a beeline for the check out, no need to entertain the the confused and disturbed public any longer. I mean really? Children out of the cart having a little fun?? The horror!
  Once we finished checking out a nice young man helped us out to the car and Eva was smitten. She was staring at him pointing out how "Cute!" he was and she even threw an "Awe!" in there. It's moments like that that I realize how much payback I have coming to me for the way I was as a child. She might be trouble when she's older and I may or may not believe in locking my children in their rooms until the teen years pass, but right now she's my little angel face and she can pretty much do no wrong.
  I hope that one day when she is grown we can remain close and form a friendship. I hope that she looks up to me and thinks I'm a great mom, but most of all I hope she'll be able to look back on her childhood and time spent at home and be able to feel all of love that I have for her and I hope that she will know that she was and is an answer to a prayer that I held in my heart for a long while.


Don't mind the nudist in the background. All of his important parts are covered.

1 comment: