Thursday, April 25, 2013

Accomplishing the little things.



 Well, friends I have met my goal of starting to drive myself around. I really had no choice when I decided that I needed to continue with Mason's speech therapy here in Alaska. Back in New York the company that we were working with sent the therapists out to your home, but here in Alaska they don't have enough resources to do that, so despite my irrational fear of learning my new surroundings and getting behind the wheel of our vehicle without any passenger side help from Brad I had to get out and get going. And, I'm so glad that I did!! I feel like I have a new freedom and as silly as this sounds I get so proud of myself when I reach a new destination. I always text Brad to let him know that I made it and that I'm not lost or dead and because he is so amazing he always acts like he is so happy for me...lol! I always get a "Yea!" or "Awesome, babe!" text back from him and it makes me giggle, because I feel like one of the kids, who needs positive reenforcement just to get simple tasks done, but I don't care...it works!
  When I first got here it was all about comparing the differences of Alaska and New York. New York has better malls, the city area is nicer, the fast food is better..LOL!..etc. But, since living here I have come to love the scenery. Back in Rochester when driving to the store I didn't have beautiful snow capped mountains to look at. To the left are some pics that I took while driving home from church last night (let's not waste time worrying about if I pulled off to the side of road before breaking out the iPhone to snap some pics.).  It's beautiful!! When I first got here Brad told me the view would get old, but it hasn't yet and I hope it never does. The other thing that New York doesn't have is Brad, my absolute favorite person in the whole world. Even if Alaska didn't have the beauty of it's majestic mountains it would still be better than New York, because it holds my heart.     

3 comments:

  1. Why is the sky that blue at night? Not that I don't love it...I am just curious. The pictures are pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because everyday it stays light outside like five mins later than the day before. We will have a couple of months where it is light out until midnight.

    ReplyDelete